- 1 Why Buy An Ergonomic Mouse?
- 1.1 Features Of A Quality Ergonomic Mouse
- 1.1.1 Is it worth it to consider buying an ergonomic mouse?
- 1.1.2 See Our Ergonomic Mouse Review List Of Favorites
- 188.8.131.52 1. Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse
- 184.108.40.206 2. 3M Ergonomic Vertical Mouse
- 220.127.116.11 3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
- 18.104.22.168 4. Razer Naga Epic Chroma
- 22.214.171.124 5. Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse.
- 126.96.36.199 6. Razer DeathAdder Chroma – Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
- 188.8.131.52 7. CM Storm Spawn – Gaming Mouse
- 184.108.40.206 8. SteelSeries Kana Gaming Mouse
- 1.1 Features Of A Quality Ergonomic Mouse
Why Buy An Ergonomic Mouse?
Especially when it comes to long hours of gaming or working from our desk, will an ergonomic mouse play a vital part in your overall comfort and well-being. No longer are we restricted to a standard one size fits all or position when it comes to buying a gaming mouse.
Through recent studies in ergonomics, we have gained a deeper understanding of how our body is able to perform a repetitive task or sit for long periods while lowering our risk of repetitive strain injuries (RSI). The key is having a tool that works in harmony with the body’s natural movement.
In this case, our fingers, wrist, and forearm. Whether we are left or right handed. It is also important to keep in mind, the layout of the mouse itself can also help improve comfort and simplify use.
Such technology has been carefully applied to improve our use of the computer mouse and our interaction with it. Considering such things as hand posture, pressure points, weight distribution, laser sensitivity, and fit.
Features Of A Quality Ergonomic Mouse
Factors that can create a more user-friendly experience with a mouse include:
- Contoured shape that can seamlessly fit and move with the palm of your hand providing smoother movement while preventing wrist strain. The angled “handshake” shaped mouse is a more relaxed style of positioning.
- Controllable DPI settings allowing you to adjust the cursor’s response on the screen to the sensitivity of your mouse movements.
- High Responsiveness. Precision laser or optical sensors tracking on your desk. Calibrating to the correct settings will lessen the need to grip your mouse as tightly. Allowing for smooth maneuvering.
- Proper Grip. Having a good balance of smoothness along with rubber gripping in strategic areas.
- Back/forward buttons making web and game navigation easier while requiring less movement.
- Customizable side buttons that can be assigned to specific functions by the use of programs like G-Shift.
Is it worth it to consider buying an ergonomic mouse?
As we all know, using a mouse requires us to make small, exact movements with our hand, thumb, and fingers. As we are constantly scrolling and clicking the mouse over and over, the tiny muscles in our hand become overworked and fatigued.
This can eventually cause directly related injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, tendonitis, and trigger finger. Bringing with it, tension, pain, and discomfort.
A good ergonomic mouse should fit the size of your hand so that it is comfortable to work with. Your wrist should be in a neutral position (minimal bend in any direction at the wrist) when you use the mouse, and your fingers should be able to rest on the push buttons between actions.
A trackball mouse is commonly molded for you to simply rest your hand down on top of it with your fingers over the buttons, wheel and the thumb in a natural position over the ball.
Another cool option is trying a mouse with a vertical grip. Many prefer this hand position over the conventional way with a standard horizontal mouse. You can decide the best ergonomic mouse for you, based on your budget and preferences.
Tips When Choosing a Mouse
- Make sure to choose a mouse that fits your hand.
- Find one that maintains a neutral positioning of the hand and wrist
- Locate the right shape to support the natural curve of your hand
- Choose one with buttons that respond to a light touch and require less effort
- Select a mouse with adequate room and layout of buttons
- Try using hardware and software features like fast scrolling to help you work or play more efficiently and smoothly.
- Pay attention to how you grip your mouse. You will either have a palm grip, claw grip, or fingertip grip. Depending on the activity you plan to use the mouse to navigate with.
- A wireless mouse can definitely cut down on cords and clutter, but these will generally run slower than a wired one.
See Our Ergonomic Mouse Review List Of Favorites
Find your favorite wired or wireless ergonomic mouse from the list below:
1. Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse
It’s strategically positioned wheels and buttons create fine-motion control and a more fluid experience. This one offers limitless customization possibilities.
Do you have more than one computer? No problem. Switch and connect to up to 3 devices.
Highlights of this gaming mouse include:
- Hand-crafted architecture factoring in all surface areas where your hand makes contact with the mouse the most comfortable.
Smart speed-adaptive scroll and thumb wheel that automatically shifts between scrolling modes in response to your touch. Making for easy horizontal navigation and advanced gestures. It automatically changes from ratchet to free spin mode when you intentionally flick the wheel quickly.
- Logitech Unifying Receiver easily connects to up to 3 other devices by the flick of a switch.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 40 days of power on a single charge. Micro-USB cable included.
- Logitech Options software gives you the freedom to assign a function to the desired button according to your own preferences.
- High-precision laser sensor tracks on nearly any surface like glass and similar high-gloss surfaces.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Several users have reported that this ergonomic wireless mouse is a really great product. There were many useful functions and features in this high-quality mouse. It will provide long-term comfort for anyone who uses a mouse for many hours at a time.
Some buyers did feel that it took little getting used to. Particularly its back/forward buttons feel too close together. Also, the product is only made for right-handed users.
2. 3M Ergonomic Vertical Mouse
As far as ergonomic value, the Arthritis Foundation has even recognized this mouse with the Ease-of-Use Commendation Award. One advantage to the 3M verticle mouse is that it comes in a size for large and smaller hands.
Simply slide your hand back in forth, once in a comfortable gripping position. Use the button located near your thumb in order to right and left click. Your hand grips the curvature of the stick very naturally while resting on its contoured base.
Features of the 3M verticle mouse include:
- Verticle Grip allows you to naturally brace the handle while resting your hand on the base. Correcting the forearm and wrist from typically pressing the carpal tunnel area against the desk by a standard mouse.
- Wireless connectivity that quickly and easily pairs with your device.
- Soft-touch painted surface for added comfort and mobility.
- Fast clicking and scrolling speed to slick navigation.
- Auto-scrolling is a nice feature when scrolling around a large image or document.
- USB/PS2 plug and play compatibility. Includes 6.5 ft cord for convenience.
Those of us who deal with aches and pains related to extended use of a mouse found this one a real life saver.
Some have claimed after a little practice, that it actually alleviated some of the stress and pain caused by a traditional mouse. Note that there’s no scroll wheel, but a third button you can program
One shortcoming is that there’s no scroll wheel. Also, if you let your wrist put weight on the device, it can make it a challenge to move and move slowly/accurately. It does take some practice.
Although this type of mouse is not the best for gaming, it can provide an excellent alternative to the typical design of a common computer mouse.
Again, for those who are seeking a substitute for a regular horizontally positioned mouse, the 3M wireless vertical mouse is a good option.
It has been rated 3.8 stars out of 5 and can be viewed by following this link to Amazon.
3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
Windows fans can rejoice in the fact that a company that has always specialized in user experience, has focussed its attention on developing a high-quality and comfortable mouse.
Seamlessly integrates with the Windows OS family. Easily access the Start Menu by clicking the Windows one-touch button.
Features of this Microsoft ergonomic mouse:
- Ergonomic design. Considering the angle and height of the mouse, as well as the placing of the wrist to a more comfortable position. This will reduce pressure on carpal tunnel area.
- 4-way scrolling. Scroll left, right, front and back. Quickly navigate through your work or gaming interface with speed and efficiency.
- Thumb scoop supporting proper hand and wrist posture.
- Windows button for one-touch access to your Start Menu.
- BlueTrack Technology uses a light beam is more than four times larger than the average laser beam in other laser mice. Provides a smooth gliding surface.
- Dimensions: 3.87″ W x 2.23″ L
- Power Source: 2 AA batteries (has an extremely long battery life)
There were lots of raved reviews about this cutting edge computer mouse. It does not come with Bluetooth, but the USB plug in tiny and out of the way. Best for medium to large hands.
Some were impressed with how well located the Windows button is, and how you won’t accidentally press it while gaming.
Another note to gamers. You have the option to program your back button for either web browsing or assigning it as a hotkey in a game is a nice bonus.
The Microsoft Sculpt has been reviewed by over 600 people and rated 4.2 stars out of 5. Find it on Amazon now!
4. Razer Naga Epic Chroma
This multi-colored, wireless MMO gaming mouse is a huge hit with gamers. Imagine the advantage of having a designated button for each of your spells, weapons, etc. Instead of constantly scrolling to switch between.
An ergonomic gaming mouse that gives you both accuracy and unrestricted movement, with its consistent response rate of 1ms. Whether you are plugged in or wireless, you always experience peak performance.
When the batteries run low, no problem. Just plug the USB cable in and keep going without causing any downtime in your gameplay. It charges while you use it.
Features of this razer gaming mouse include:
- Ergonomically engineered with a brand new design that is one-size-fits-all for a wide range of hand shapes, sizes, and grip-styles.
- In-game MMO configurator which means you can configure your entire mouse’s setup from inside the game without having to use the Alt-Tab or exit a game to prepare for your next battle.
- 19-Buttons total, including the iconic Razer Naga’s 12-Button thumb grid is outfitted with mechanical switches for quicker, more accurate tactile feedback to maximize actions at your command.
- Chroma Lighting that consists of 16.8 million customizable color selections to choose from. Mix and match to personalize, as each region is controlled independently via Razer Synapse.
- 4G laser sensor with ultra-responsiveness and precision that matches your mouse movement down to the exact pixel.
- 32 bit ARM processor means that is responsive and incredibly fast, with it’s a dedicated computer onboard for computing all movements independently.
- Charging dock for quick and convenient charging when not in use.
- USB charging cable: 7 foot/2.1m braided fiber for connection and charging batteries.
Some common issues with this mouse were things like it felt like it is made of a cheaper feeling grainy plastic and the entire mouse feels almost a bit hollow inside. Some have found that dpi sensor increase/decrease buttons were quite easily to accidentally bumped.
Many users with medium to larger hands seemed very satisfied with the fit and layout. It’s great for MMO gaming but may not be as necessary for first person shooters.
This ultra cool MMO gaming mouse has been rated 4.3 out of 5 stars by over 160 satisfied buyers.
5. Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse.
With this type of mouse, you also have the freedom of placing it on nearly any surface, as it does not need a laser or optical tracker underneath to read your movements.
The fact that the base doesn’t move means this wireless trackball mouse is ideal for tight workspaces and fully equipped desks.
Notable features of this gaming ball mouse include:
- Sculpted Design cradles and molds to your hand and fingers.
- Logitech Unifying receiver allows you to seamlessly connect up to 6 compatible devices, only needing one tiny wireless receiver.
- Thumb-controlled trackball with adjustable cursor speeds and is very responsive.
- Back/Forward buttons for quick web and game navigation.
- Compatible with both Windows or Mac operating systems.
- Logic Unifying Receiver. It’s advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology lets you connect additional mice and keyboards to one computer.
- Scroll wheel & programmable buttons for quick scrolling through documents. Customize your buttons to game settings or shortcuts.
- Long battery life. Uses only 1 AA battery that can last up to 18 months of use (may vary based on user and computing conditions).
From office workers, the injured, the elderly, to hardcore gamers, this ergonomic trackball mouse is a very comfortable and easy to use.
It does require basic maintenance like cleaning the dust and lint from the rollers and optical sensor under the ball once a week, it takes seconds but will keep the trackball nice and responsive.
After over 9000 people reviewed it on Amazon, it was rated 4.5 stars out of 5. Follow the link for more information.
6. Razer DeathAdder Chroma – Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Plus swift responsiveness and programmable software, making it a great option in an ergonomic mouse.
This gaming mouse is the winner of many awards Press Awards and Reviews. Not to mention a real favorite among top eSports athletes. Customizable lighting to create a cool ambiance in your gaming space.
Features of The Razor DeathAdder Chroma include:
- Ergonomically Designed shaped to fit snugly into the palm of your hand in a natural, comfortable position and textured rubber side grips.
- 5 Programmable Buttons to independently set to whatever modes of action desired.
- Chroma lighting including over 16 million customizable color options to choose from. Depending on your mood, you can select a color to illuminate your game area.
- 10,000 dpi Optical Sensor that is ultra accurate and powered with advanced tracking analytics.
- On-the-fly sensitivity adjustment which means that whether you are playing at fast or low speeds, the Deathadder Chroma will always respond onscreen with incredible organic fluidity and accuracy that you would only find possible with an optical sensor.
- Compatible with Windows® 10 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 / Mac OS X (v10.8 – 10.11)
- Dimensions: 127mm/5” (Length) x 70mm/2.76” (Width) x 44mm/ 1.73” (Height)
A concern for this mouse was that the scroll wheel is that it doesn’t have any horizontal capabilities, but that should only be an issue for Photoshop users.
This mouse also comes in a left-handed version as well making available to everyone. You can set the color scheme to one color or use Spectrum Cycling in which the mouse to cycles through different colors. It also made Amazon’s Best Seller list due to its popularity and overall customer satisfaction.
This ergonomic mouse for gaming has been rated 4.3 stars out of 5 by over 4000 buyer reviews. See for yourself, by clicking here to Amazon.
7. CM Storm Spawn – Gaming Mouse
If you are a fairly competitive gamer, you’re going to love it’s lightweight, ergonomic and reassuringly solid design. This gaming mouse has been uniquely crafted for claw grip gamers.
Made for precise in-game tactical maneuvers, the Spawn mouse is equipped with a highly accurate scroll wheel, high-performance 3500 DPI sensor and is made with extremely durable Japanese-made Omron micro switches.
Its quality and longevity have even backed by a 5 million click guarantee.
Features of the CM Storm Spawn include:
- Ergonomically designed with smooth contours, best for right-handed, claw grip style PC gamers with medium size hands.
- High-performance 3500 DPI sensor that can be adjusted on the fly. Having 800, 1800, and 3500 DPI Presets.
- Anti-Drift Control Sensor providing lossless performance under mouse lift and drop.
- Anti-slip Rubberized Grip on both sides of the mouse to ensure full control to lift off gamers during gameplay. Sweat and slip resistant.
- Dimensions: 107 x 75 x 35 mm / 4.1 x 2.95 x 1.37 inches
- 7 Fully Programmable Buttons to easily customzize actions, weapons , and other equipment.
- Sentinal – X 32 KB microprocessor. Allows you to store button presets. Plug and play on any system while securing personal settings.
- Ultra-Step Wheel Encoder helping gamers navigate smaller distances with greater control and precision.
There is a lot of positive feedback from real life gamers who have purchased and use this mouse. Some of the mentioned highlights include its amazing responsiveness, the DPI is spot on, and many appreciated the solid build and performance under intense gaming situations.
After over 600 people have used this gaming mouse, it was rated 4.4 out of 5 stars. This gaming mouse is now available on Amazon.
8. SteelSeries Kana Gaming Mouse
Finally, an ergonomic gaming mouse that is designed for left and right handed users. What is considered an ambidextrous mouse, it accommodates all 3 mouse gripping styles? The claw, palm, and the finger tip.
Its design was inspired by actual professional players, who certify its size, ergonomic layout, and amazing functionality.
If you are looking for the same level of power, precision, accuracy, and consistency as professional gamers expect, then the Steel Series Kana is highly recommended.
Features of the SteelSeries Kana include:
- Tournament grade optical sensor and coated feet for the ideal balance of size and performance.
- 5 programmable buttons for personalized commands and actions.
- Dimensions: 8 x 6.7 x 2.2 inches
- Ambidextrous design made to feel and fit naturally for both left and right-handed users.
- Adjustable Sensitivity Settings switch between 2 pre-defined CPI settings. Use the toggle button to switch between the settings.
- 2 XL Side Buttons for easy rapid-fire (one on each side).
- High-Caliber Tracking allowing you to maintain a consistent delivery during fast-pacedPC FPS games. Operating at 3600 FPS while supporting stable movement speeds of up to 130 inches/s.
- PC Compatible easy plug and play setup with braided USB cord.
Many users commented on how light it is and tracks really nicely. Most agreed that it is very attractive and comfortable to hold. However, it will take some time to get used to the sensitivity Also be aware that from time to time the Scroll wheel can get stuck and involuntarily execute.
If you are a Mac user, double check for compatibility. Some bought the mouse, only to find that it would not run on their Mac. It does claim to be compatible.
Nearly 120 people have reviewed and rated this gaming mouse 4.1 stars out of 5.
To read more customer feedback or for more details follow this link