- 1 Finding The Best Game Chair
- 1.1 7 Of The Best Gaming Chairs Of 2016
Finding The Best Game Chair
What makes the best gaming chair? The #1 answer to that question is.. comfort.
Arguably, there are many personal preferences like color and style, but at the end of the day, you need a chair that you can sit without having to get up every hour as your legs fall asleep.
Are you a console or a computer gamer? Are you into racing games? Are you on a budget or can you afford to invest in better quality?
Either way, each of the 7 chairs listed below has an appeal to a variety of tastes and budgets. Have a look and see which of these is the best game chair for you.
Are you ready to upgrade your couch, your bed, or the floor to a new gaming chair?
There is no question that those who are leading the video gaming chair industry these days are always striving to produce the highest quality possible.
We share with you, some greatly valued game seating that is both comfortable and likely to be among the best gaming chairs for the price.
Below we introduce some new releases on models such as DXRacer, Vertagear, Arozzi.
Not to mention some of the reigning champions of late last year including the highly favored X Rocker series game rocking chairs.
Each of these ‘next-gen gamer-chairs’ continues to provide its users the kind of experience that console and PC gamers have come to expect.
7 Of The Best Gaming Chairs Of 2016
We have carefully researched 7 new gaming chairs that are best known for their quality and price:
1. Arozzi Torretta Series Review.
A perfect mix between Swedish design and ergonomic innovation. Streamlined to fit the natural contours of your body to maximize comfort and support.
Arozzi claims to receive its inspiration for its design based on motorsports like the racing car seat with hardcore gamers in mind, literally putting you in the drivers seat.
Significant upgrades have been added to this chair including a high-quality breathable fabric to keep you cool in heated situations.
The price point on this gaming chair is around $300-$400
Other features include:
- Extra lumbar and head support
- Adjustable armrests that you can set the height and rotation by the push of a button
- Rocking function that can be 12 degrees in any position
- A class 4 gas lift with a capacity to hold up to 120kg or 260 lbs
- 5 high resistance nylon wheels
- Thick padded backrest and cushioned seat.
- Comes in 7 different colors: black, blue, red, orange, green, red and azure which is lighter blue color.
The customer feedback on this chair has been good. It takes approximately 20-30 minutes to put together. Making sure to get the proper size is very important, so be sure to carefully read the specs before purchasing. For those of larger proportions, we recommend the Torretta XL.
If this chair has piqued your interest and you’d like to check Amazon for the best pricing.
2. Vertagear Racing Series S-Line SL4000 Review.
Similar in design to the DXracer and Arozzi racing seats, Vertagear is an industry leader in producing high quality and aesthetically pleasing chairs for the modern gamer.
Any office or gaming room area would welcome the Vertagear SL4000 in adding style and ultimate comfort to their decor.
Vertagear offers a 2-year parts warranty including the gas lift, the armrest, the wheels, headrest and lumbar pillows, and the metal base.
Aside from choosing the style and colors that best fit your tastes, you also want to remember to match the correct chair based on your weight, height and body type.
The seat has an adjustable height which ranges from 16 inches (40cm) to 21 inches (53cm) from the floor enabling you to find the most comfortable position while enjoying the benefits of a proper posture and support.
They run between $400-$500
Other features worth mentioning:
- 4D armrests which mean that you can tweak them to any position to fit your body type and personal preference.
- Comes with class 4 gas lift cylinder enabling you to adjust your height with very little effort.
- The dimensions are 20.9 x 20.5 x 55.1 inches or 53cm x 52cm x 140cm
- Quality materials including a steel frame, the foot made of an aluminum alloy as well as a PVC leather and high-density cushioning.
- There are up to 9 color combinations that include (red/black), blue/black), (charcoal/black),(green/black), (white/black), (red/white), (blue/white), (green//white), (charcoal/white).
- Highly versatile tilting feature with a built-in locking system to your desired angle.
One of the highlights mentioned from buyers as that it is a fairly simple to assemble as the instructions are clear and the out of box layout is straightforward.
A common issue as for those who are not used to an ergonomically designed chair with lumbar support and pillows along with the concave back, it takes a little getting used to.
Find out what others are saying by reading some of the recent reviews on Amazon.
3. Openwheeler Advanced Racing Seat Review.
Includes a racing car style seat like many other game seats, but comes stationary and is specifically framed and constructed for peripherals like steering wheels, shifters, and floor pedals.
The best part of this racing simulator chair is its compatibility with not only computers, but also with many of the top gaming consoles including Xbox, PlaySation, and Wii.
Built with top grade materials and rugged construction providing you with countless hours of racing in absolute style and comfort.
Costs around $400-$500
Important features to note:
- universally-compatible simulator seat works with many brand name peripherals like Logitech and Wheel Pro Stand.
- Contoured design offers excellent support for shoulders, back, and legs.
- Seat glides and reclines for precise adjustment and relaxation.
- An adjustable pedal platform and gear shifter mount can also be set up your console to meet your personal criteria.
People who have purchased this sim racing chair have reported that installation was quick and easy.
Most were extremely happy with the product and felt it met and sometimes exceeded their expectations. Note that the steering wheel controls are not included.
Visit Amazon for product pricing and availability.
5. X Rocker 51259 Pro Gaming Chair Review.
If you are in the market for a low profile rocker gaming chair with the kind of technology that was engineered to tailor the needs of today’s gamer then stay tuned.
The XRocker 51259 Pro offers unique features that were added with hardcore gamers in mind. This rocker chair combines superior comfort, sound quality, durability to make the perfect console chair.
Unlike its predecessors, the XRocker 51259 Pro comes with not 2 but 4 speakers and Subwoofer.
Are you ready to hear the sound and feel it too?
Audio Force Modulation Technology has been incorporated into this chair which means that your sound also resonates on the inside of the chair adding more senses to your gaming experience.
The price of this chair is around $200 to $250
Highlights of this game rocker:
- Made to game for long hours. Includes a heavy-duty padded backrest and headrest for optimal comfort, along with fixed-position gun-stock arms to provide extra stability.
- Control panel enabling you to activate and adjust the volume, bass, and vibration controls. It also connects you to outside audio sources and other x rocker chairs by means of its input/output jacks
- 4 speakers and a subwoofer for full effect creating that home theater experience.
- Built-in vibration motors like the ones in many game controllers which sync to your audio’s bass tones, ultimately generating a powerful full-body sensation.
- Wireless receiver allows you to connect to your favorite audio device without the use of RCA cables.
Most who have purchased this chair were very happy with it. Especially when speaking of how comfortable the padding and the soft leather feels. The sound quality is top notch.
One thing to keep in mind is in regards to the wireless transmitter. Some claim that it uses up batteries quickly. A simple solution would be to purchase a standard AC adapter instead of buying AAA batteries it requires, which are not included.
Read over 500 reviews from satisfied customers on Amazon.
6. Homall Racing Gaming Chair Review.
If you want to own an affordable gaming race style chair but you are on a budget, this chair is pretty decent.
This is a very nice looking chair. It has many of the features of more expensive ones like 360-degree swivel, rocking function and multidirectional wheels but does not have adjustable armrests and the high-grade materials, understandably for the lower price point.
This chair will run you around $100 – $150
Best features of this chair include:
- Covered in durable PU leather that is nice on your skin and easy to clean.
- Height adjusts from 18 to 21 inches or 46 cm to 53 cm.
- Total weight capacity is 280 lbs or 127 kilograms.
- Mesh in the middle of the chair makes it a bit breathable and doesn’t appear to feel as warm as a standard full leather chair.
- Contoured back and concave seat shapes to the natural curves of your body, allowing for better ergonomic support.
There are many people that were quite happy with their purchase of this chair, notably due to it’s cheaper price compared to similar chairs.
This chair is not recommended for anyone over 6 feet tall. The upper back area does not come with as much cushion for some, but overall it is said to be a fairly comfortable chair.
This office/gaming chair has been rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon see for yourself.
7. Merax High-Back King Series Chair Review.
Here is another budget targeted racing style executive chair that has many benefits to offer potential buyers.
It comes with a thick padded arm, seat, backrest and pillow for plenty of support and ergonomic value for sitting long periods of time.
Great for correcting posture as the backrest puts you in a very straight-up position and can adjust to many positions for lay back and relax kind of comfort.
This chair runs from $130 – $200
Nice features of this chair:
- Upholstered with PU leather and mesh fabric making it easy to clean.
- Swiveling arms move up and down for conveniently exiting the chair
- Heavy duty base with dual wheel casters for durability and smooth maneuvering.
- Colors and stitching are very aesthetically pleasing and match many types of decor.
- Comes with a movable footrest to raise your legs that can be easily retracted.
- Maximum weight load is 225 lbs or 102 kilograms and is recommended for those under 6 feet tall.
- Comes in a variety of colors including blue, purple, red, and yellow.
After over 240 reviews, this chair was overall rated 4.0 stars out of 5. The major concerns about this chair were the footrest is a bit flimsy, the lumbar support is lower than normal, the arm supports are made of a harder plastic with thin ribs, thus, it may dig into your thighs and assembly took a little longer for some.
The major concerns involving this chair was that the footrest is very flimsy, and the lumbar support sits a bit lower than other chairs.
The arm supports are made of a harder plastic with thin ribs, thus, depending on your size and shape, it may dig into those with wider thighs. Assembling this chair was a little tricky for some.
This is still a great chair for larger adults who have a budget of under $200.
View the feedback of others who purchased this chair by visiting the Amazon customer reviews