- 1 Finding A Cheap But Quality Gaming Chair
- 1.1 What Makes A Good Cheap Gaming Chair?
- 1.1.1 What To Look For When Buying A Cheaper Gaming Chair:
- 1.1.2 View The Product Comparison List Below
- 1.1.3 1. X-Rocker Extreme III 2.0 Gaming Rocker Chair.
- 1.1.4 2. Big Joe Dorm Chair
- 1.1.5 3. Cohesion XP 2.1 Gaming Chair with Audio
- 1.1.6 4. V-Rocker 5130301 SE Video Gaming Chair
- 1.1.7 5. Ace Bayou Video Rocker
- 1.1.8 6. Best Office High Back Office Chair
- 1.1.9 7. Best Choice Products Executive Racing Chair
- 1.1.10 8. Giantex Racer Gaming Chair
- 1.1.11 9. HomCom Race Car Gaming Chair
- 1.1.12 10. Plow & Hearth Adjustable Floor Chair
- 1.1.13 11. (BONUS) Serta Rocket Adjustable Gaming Chair
- 1.1.14 12. (BONUS) Merax 360 Degree Swivel Game Chair
- 1.1.15 Conclusion
- 1.1 What Makes A Good Cheap Gaming Chair?
Finding A Cheap But Quality Gaming Chair
If you are looking to buy a new gaming chair, but you don’t have or want to spend a lot of cash. No problem! We searched and found some of the nicest, most raved about but inexpensive gaming chairs that are all under $100.
To be honest, we do not expect to think that you are going to get the exact quality along with the bells and whistles of more expensive brands and models in a cheaper priced game chair (although some do have cool features as we shall see).
More than likely though you just want something that first of all is going to be comfortable and allow you to spend a few hours at a time gaming at a desk or a console on T.V.
Are you looking to upgrade your old office chair for something that’s a little more ergonomic and gaming friendly?
Or maybe you are tired of switching positions when sitting on your bed, using the wall or headboard to rest your back, but then feeling like you’re too far from the screen?
Depending on your lounging needs there is an affordable gaming chair to meet your criteria. A cheap gaming chair does not have to be a piece of crap but you will need to be aware of what to look in order to get the get the best bang for your dollar. So let’s get started.
What Makes A Good Cheap Gaming Chair?
Obviously, lower price makes up the cheap part, but what can you actually get for under $100 when brand name chairs like DXRacer go from $300 and up?
What To Look For When Buying A Cheaper Gaming Chair:
- Comfort & ergonomic design. In order for you to sit for hours a time, your body needs to be properly supported. So when choosing any gaming chair cheap or not, you still want to make sure to find the right seat height, seat width and depth, lumbar support, and a high backrest.
- Compatibility If you’re looking for a seat with built-in speakers for example, and you want to connect the sound to your system, make sure the chair is compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, and the Wii. Note: Generally it’s a simple as connecting with an RCA adapter.
- Materials. Although it’s unlikely that you’ll end up with high-end leather like those found on a Herman Miller. But a durable vinyl or woven fabric is an excellent alternative. Especially a material that you can easily clean. Breathable mesh fabric can also be a bonus to keep you cool. Double-stiched and double zippers for bean chairs.
- Load capacity. Make sure before ordering to double check the size and weight requirements for each chair. Some have purchased in the excitement of a low price, only to discover upon delivery that their chair was built more for a child.
- Easy to store and transport. Here is where the less expensive chairs have an advantage. In most cases, beanbag and rocker style gaming chairs can be as light as 6-8 pounds or 4 kilograms. Due to their shape and dimensions, these are much simpler to store than bulkier chairs.
- Accessories and storage compartments. Some of the X Rocker chairs have a built-in mini surround sound with power & volume control panel, and inputs. Many including bean bag chairs come with side pockets for storing controllers, remotes, or magazines.
- Styles and colors. Even at a lower price point, there is a fairly good selection of colors and styles to choice from that can easily match your office or games room. Places like Amazon have massive arrays of options for you to choose from.
- Buyer Ratings. When making a final decision to choose the most appropriate gaming seat for your budget, it’s always good to check to see what others are saying. We have conveniently provided links to buyer reviews to each product listed throughout our discussion.
*We hope that by considering some of these important factors, you can relax and feel confident in your buying decision for a cheap but good quality game chair.
View The Product Comparison List Below
|Chair||Name||Buyer rating||Ergonomics||Price Point|
|Big Joe Dorm Chair|
|V-Rocker SE Gaming Chair|
|HomCom Racing Game Chair|
|Ace Bayou Video Rocker|
|Best Choice Executive Racing Chair|
|Serta Rocket Gaming Chair|
Below is a list of reviews of cheap game chairs for PC and consoles alike:
1. X-Rocker Extreme III 2.0 Gaming Rocker Chair.
If you are looking for a full cinematic experience on a budget, the XRocker Extreme 3 can deliver!
Like many of its xrocker cousins, this one not only designed for gaming but you can also watch movies, listen to music, read a book in comfort.
Speaking of comfort, the Extreme III is made with a foam backed polyester seat surface with a durable mesh specifically designed to gently rock while you are sitting.
Not to mention the shape of the backrest and seat have been ergonomically designed to provide necessary support to your neck, back, and butt.
Features of the X-Rocker Extreme III include:
- Built-in side speakers creating surround sound experience.
- Control panel for adjusting volume with input/output jacks allowing you to connect with many gaming consoles and media devices.
- Dimensions: L 29.082″ (74cm) x W 16.113 ” (41cm) x H 30.85 ” (78cm)
- Rocking chair style. Unlike some office style chairs that are on wheels or a pedestal, this game chair lets you rock back and forth like a real rocking chair while you are lounging.
One of the highlights of this rocker style gaming chair is that it is very light and easy to move from room to room. It is best suited for pre-teen gamers or those who have a smaller midsection due to its narrow seat and no heavier than around 150 lbs.
Overall the ratings on this chair are 3.9 out of 5 stars which are quite good for the price. You can read more customer reviews or purchase on Amazon for under $100 by following the link.
2. Big Joe Dorm Chair
If you just need something that’s comfy and doesn’t cost a lot Big Joe Dorm chairs are a pretty awesome choice.
Made with college dorms in mind, due to its simplicity and super light-weight design.
This is a quality bean bag style chair that is a real favorite for many who just want to kick back and chill.
Just the right comfy chair for watching television, gaming, or reading, etc.
It’s the kind of chair you sink into. Not quite the lumbar support you get from high-end chairs but does have a good supportive back.
Highlights of the Big Joe Dorm include:
- Lots of colors to choose from including blue, red, purple, green, lino black, and zebra.
- Made with Smart Max waterproof fabric. Making spills no problem, this chair durable, easy to clean, and stain resistant. Just wipe with a damp cloth.
- Dimensions are 33″x 32″ x 25″ inches. Best for small to medium adults or kids.
- Comes with side pockets for holding bottled drinks, a remote or game controller.
- Zippers have been double stitched to add greater strength and safety.
- Tavel Ready Handle and lightweight (under 5 pounds), making it easy to take anywhere.
Perfect for any dorm, small apartment, games or multimedia room. Filled with UltimaX Beans ready to use. Some have mentioned that the chair is much better suited for smaller people and kids.
The chair will need regular fill ups as it is a beanbag chair, but the filling lasts long enough and the cost for filling is only around $15.
If all you need is a chair that’s simple, comfortable, light and low maintenance than we recommend reading the 1000+ reviews on Amazon by the many happy users of this chair.
3. Cohesion XP 2.1 Gaming Chair with Audio
Are you looking for an inexpensive chair with built-in speakers that is light and easy to store?
If so, you are in luck. The Cohesion XP 2.1 is a great chair for its price. It weighs next to nothing and folds, which means easy moving and storage and it’s relatively comfortable.
It can easily connect to outside sound sources by means of an auxiliary input jack, making it more compatible with many gaming systems.
This v rocker gaming chair has very stylish material with a red outer stripe for that racing style appeal.
Highlights of the Cohesion XP 2.1:
- Folds up for quick and convenient storage.
- 2 built-in speakers for a greater sound experience.
- Control panel for volume control and inputs connecting you to media devices.
- Attractive and sleek design making it a very attractive addition to any games room.
- Heat-pressed polyester fabric allowing the chair to fit the contours of your back regardless of your playing position.
- Low profile seating gives you the freedom to pull right up to the T.V. and lean or rock yourself into the idea position.
This chair has been rated 3.5 out of 5 stars by over 240 people. Most agreed that for the price, you get a decent chair that even comes with built-in sound. Some did complain that the speakers lacked bass and were a little loud.
It was better recommended for those with shorter legs, especially when stretching out. The padding in the head and backrest could be softer.
All considered, this is the right chair for anyone on a budget, or looking to try out a game chair without investing a lot of cash.
This foldable gaming chair could be a perfect fit for any game room, dorm, or small apartment,
Click this direct link to the Amazon product description for more details.
4. V-Rocker 5130301 SE Video Gaming Chair
Get the full gaming experience at a great price with this affordable video rocker gaming chair. Enjoy quality sound from its built-in speakers or choose to block out surrounding interruptions by simply plugging your headphones into the chair’s audio jack and relax.
Perfect for playing video games, listening to music or watching movies. It’s soft vinyl covering and foam cushioning makes this v-rocker gaming chair your total comfort and entertainment space at a reasonable price.
Features of this v-rocker include:
- A built-in sound system includes 2 speakers in the headrest and a subwoofer allowing you to enjoy a fully immersible sound experience.
- Wireless audio transmitter that connects to a variety of devices like the ability to link to multiple chairs together for multi-player use.
- Comfortable ergonomic design with a foam cushion for full support for your back.
- Foldable construction makes it easy to store out of the way and transport.
- Control panel for adjusting your volume, bass control, and input/output jacks.
- Connects to PS4, Xbox One, and similar gaming devices.
- Weight Capacity: 275 pounds or 125 Kg. A good choice for those looking for an adult gaming chair.
Most buyers were very pleased with this video rocker chair, considering the price. The sound quality and the wireless features were 2 huge perks. Not to mention that this chair can also be connected to other audio sources (iPhone, iPad, stereo, etc.)
On the downside, it may not be the best size chair for taller people that are 6 feet or over. Also, be cautious if you have small children. Keep in mind that little fingers can be severely injured if they get caught between where the chair folds and unfolds.
This affordable video rocker has been rated 3.9 stars out of 5 by nearly 180 satisfied buyers.
Find it on Amazon or check out more reviews by following the link.
5. Ace Bayou Video Rocker
This multi-purpose recreation seat is a next generation rocker targeted to those who are seeking a flexible chair for many at home activities including watching movies, gaming, or reading.
Gently cradles your body with great support from its ergonomic design, providing you with countless hours of ‘down time’ in comfort.
No armrests can actually be a benefit as it there is no reason to feel restricted.
Rock back and forth while you sit for a more casual and relaxed feel!
Features of this rocker chair include:
- Low-profile seating recommended for gaming and movies.
- Solid hardwood frame and fire retardant foam cushions.
- Vinyl cover is both durable and easy to clean.
- Dimensions: L 16″ x W 15″ x H 33″ or 40.5 cm x 38 cm x 84 cm
- Easy storage and portability for those with limited space
If your needs are simple and you’re just looking for a basic all-purpose game chair that’s easy to store and maintain, then you can follow the to purchase on Amazon.
6. Best Office High Back Office Chair
3 great things about this affordable game chair are that it’s relatively easy to assemble, it reclines comfortably, it has an adjustable seat that you can move vertically, and it swivels very smoothly.
The PU leather is soft and feels real, and the cushioning in the chair good for the price having a thick dense foam that is soft and comfortable while offering great support.
You will notice that the chair feels solid, sturdy, and well-made considering the price point which you don’t often find in cheaper chairs. This is because it is built with an actual metal base, not cheap plastic like similarly priced chairs.
This bucket seat style PC chair may be exactly what you are looking for and can work with a simple budget.
Features of the chair include:
- Comes in 4 colors: white, black, brown, black (gold frame)
- Solid metal frame construction for stability
- Seat and back contours to your back and legs for good support
- Seat height: adjusts from 19 inches to 23 inches or 48cm x 58cm
- Back size: 20″(W) x 28″(H) or 51cm x 71cm
- Soft PU leather upholstery with ample padding, oil and water resistant
- 360 degree swivel making the chair for easy maneuverability on hard surfaces
- Recommended weight capacity: 250 pounds or 114 kilograms
After nearly 1500 reviews from many happy buyers, this chair has an average of 4.0 stars out of 5 based on its quality and functionality.
For the most part, this chair has been well received but if you are someone that is continually adjusting your height, the gas cylinder will wear out in a hurry.
Some have reported that it can smell slightly of gasoline when you first out of the package, but the smell fades fairly quickly.
Hint: When assembling remember not to tighten the bolts until you have all of them lined up and in to make the process easier.
Follow the link to read the 1400+ reviews on this chair or to find a great price on Amazon.
7. Best Choice Products Executive Racing Chair
Who says you have to spend a ton of money to get a decent PC gaming chair?
Thanks to Best Choice Products, you can have the best of both worlds. A good quality chair that’s affordable.
It’s rare to find a racing style gaming chair for under $300. It even comes with the holes found on the backrest of racing car seats.
That’s why it was time to put a quality chair on the market that’s within the reach of nearly anyone’s budget.
Best features of this chair include:
- Bucket style seat giving you the motorsports feel and effect. Very laid back.
- Designed with a high back for comfort and ergonomic support which molds to your entire spinal column. Particularly useful for extended hours gaming or just hanging.
- Many adjustable options that include a 360-degree swivel action, tilt adjustment (lean back), and height adjustment, caster wheels, and a heavy duty bucket seat.
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 20 x 49 inches or 49.5 x 52 x 124.5 centimeters
- Covered in PU leather for comfort and easy cleaning
- Quality padding on the backrest, armrests, and seat areas for added support
For the most part, this chair is said to be quite comfortable for the cost. The setup and installation were on average 15 to 20 minutes. Although the arms and caster base are not made of metal it is still considered a good quality chair.
This chair has a ranking of 4.0 out of 5 stars for its total quality and value based on actual customer feedback on Amazon.
8. Giantex Racer Gaming Chair
If you are a larger adult in the market for a reasonably priced game chair styled after similar video gaming chairs, then Giantex could be a good choice for you.
It has comparable features and can perform many of the functions of more popular brands like DXracer but at a fraction of the cost.
A nice alternative from your standard office gaming chair due its much more casual design.
It also comes with a high backrest which is common to higher end racing game seats. Sleek and stylish design allow you to fit the decor of any games room or man cave.
Features of this chair consist of:
- Large Load capacity of 550 lbs or 249 kg.
- 360-degree swiveling wheels that are smooth on floors
- Comes in 6 color combinations: black, blue, gray, red, yellow, and orange
- Stable 5 castor wheel assembly for plenty of stability and maneuvering.
- Height adjusts from Adjustable From 18.11″ To 21.25″ or 46 cm to 54 cm
- A tilt function giving you the freedom to lie back and relax
If you like many, are in the market for cheap gaming chairs for PC, the Giantex Racer may be a contender for your gaming needs.
This games chair has been rated 3.6 out of 5 stars with many factors considered.
It has been mentioned that this chair is a bit narrow and may not best suit the needs of those with wider hips who tend to open their legs when they are sitting.
This chair has been described as solid and rolls around easily. Simple construction takes 15-20 minutes to fully assemble.
This chair is now available on Amazon for under $100. Follow the link for details.
9. HomCom Race Car Gaming Chair
Whether you are productively working from your desk or deep into a new game release, you need proper support and comfort for long periods of time sitting.
Not only was this was the goal of Homcom when they first designed this chair, but also to provide an affordable office/gaming chair.
Visually appealing with its contours and colors that provide good support while complimenting any office or gaming area.
This chair offers maneuverability and flexibility combined with a look that will match many rooms in your home or office, especially for those on a budget.
Features of the HomCom racing chair:
- Dimensions: 23.6″ x 30.3″ x 43.7″ x 47.6″ or 60 cm x 77 cm x 111 cm x 120 cm
- Detachable armrests for comfort and style
- Durable steel frame for greater stability which can hold up to 330lbs
- Quality gas lift for effortless raising and lowering function using handle
- Comes in 3 color combinations: red/black, blue/black, and white/black
This chair is currently rated 4.0 out of 5 stars by those who’ve purchased and used this chair.
Those who have rated this chair have also said it was a little harder to assemble due to the fact that at least two places where the bolts would go into were angled, making it difficult to install.
In some cases the wheels were sticking from time to time, needing some attention. As well as the bolts need regular tightening depending on the frequency of use and size of the person.
Many have agreed for the price, they couldn’t beat it. Assuming that a lower priced chair can still provide the basic comforts of that of a more expensive chair while saving money.
If you would like to purchase this chair or see a few more reviews from other folks click this link to the Amazon reviews for this chair.
10. Plow & Hearth Adjustable Floor Chair
There are hundreds of uses for this chair aside from playing video games. Like reading, watching a movie, studying, sleeping. Some have even used this chair for exercising. Not recommended.
Regardless of your purpose, you will find the padded cushioning and soft polyester cord covering a nice change from your standard chair.
Highlights of this chair include:
- Backrest can be adjusted for up to 5 different angles
- Weight capacity is 260 pounds or 118 kilograms
- Dimensions: 37.5″ H x 17.5 W” x 4″ D or 95 cm x 44.5 cm x 10 cm
- Durable soft polyester cover for wear and long lasting comfort
- Light and easy to transport. Move from room to room with little effort
- Multiple Purpose Chair Great for apartments dorms, or recreation rooms
Those who have bought this chair have mentioned that it is necessary to fluff the padding sometimes, or the frame becomes a little uncomfortable over time. It is also been said that this chair can be a lint magnet for those with pets. So it may require vacuuming from time to time.
One huge bonus to this chair is that its cover can be unzippered, making it washable. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations.
This comfy chair has been rated 4.4 out of 5 stars, which is very high considering the cost.
If you would like more information on this chair or are considering to purchase, please follow this link to Amazon for more details.
11. (BONUS) Serta Rocket Adjustable Gaming Chair
Whether you are a gamer, a serious movie buff, or a bookworm, this chair can work.
You can lie flat, sit straight up, or lean back. This chair can shape to the best position.
Key features of this lounger:
- Quickly and easily converts into 3 different positions.
- Constructed with quality materials like its solid wooden frame built and premium spring supports. Soft microfiber upholstery and comfortable cushioning for optimal comfort.
- Dimensions: 70″ x 23″ x 32″ or 178 cm x 59 cm x 81 cm
- Weight is under 20 lbs
- Comes in 3 colors: black, brown, and dark gray
- One size fits all. Perfect for kids and adults alike.
This product was rated 4 out of 5 stars for its overall quality and value to those who have recently purchased it.
Some common concerns with this chair are that the microfiber can attract pet hair. There’s not a huge selection of colors to choose from. the ratchet for the knee, seat, and neck have been reported to be a bit fickle. In the end, this chair was worth the invest.
If this seems like a nice alternative to your standard game chair, check it on Amazon now!
12. (BONUS) Merax 360 Degree Swivel Game Chair
If you’re looking for a gaming or lounging chair that is both comfortable and a convenient space saver, being folded up and easily stored, this chair could be a good match.
Supported by a pedestal base that can swivel 360 degrees, giving you effortless mobility. Especially for those who are looking for an alternative to a bean bag chair.
This chair can add character to any game room, dorm or apartment for that matter.
It comes armrest free, allowing you unrestricted movement and room to stretch out and relax.
Featured benefits of the Merax 360:
- Soft cotton knitting fabric cover that feels nice on the skin and is machine washable.
- 3 Position adjustable back. Set the angle you prefer, whether sitting straight up or laying back and relaxing.
- Weight limit up to 225 lbs.
- Dimensions: 26″ x 17.3″ x 24.8″ or 66 cm x 44 cm x 72 cm.
- Multi-use chair for gaming, reading, movies, or just chilling out.
This chair is rated 4.2 out of 5 stars and is said to be a fairly comfortable chair by the majority of buyers. A common concern was the lack of colors. It only comes in red-orange. But for some this chairs works as it is a funky color.
Find out more about this chair which is under $100 on Amazon.
We hope that we have added value to your search efforts for a cheaper but decent quality game chair. As we have discussed, cheaper game chairs may also come in a variety of sizes, styles, and colors to choose from.
Make sure to combine the criteria outlined in the beginning to help you finding the best chair for your budget, needs, and your personal preferences.
Do you prefer something you can pull up to a desk? Or do you just need something to sit near the floor comfortably with a rocking function?
Is a built-in sound system something you’d like to experience or are your gaming needs a little less intense?
Either way, we are confident that with this information, you can and will choose the best gaming chair under $100.
If you have more than a $100 to spend, we recommend you visiting our page on 7 Of The Best Valued Gaming Chairs for 2016.